Mental Health & Wellbeing

At Kingsmead we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of all students and staff.
Some sources of support can be found below. Please click on the relvevant link(s):


Mindline Somerset

Call 01823 276 892



Discreet and quick. If you’re aged 11-19 it only takes one text to start making a difference. You’ll get confidential advice from a local School Nurse. You don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to. Text 07480 635516



(24/7) Call 116 123 Email Provides confidential, non-judgemental emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those that could lead to suicide.


Young Somerset

Young Somerset is the largest youth work charity in Somerset and our mission is to put young people first.

Young Minds

Young Minds

Advice and mental health support for young people. They also have a parent helpline.
Call for free 08088025544 Mon – Fri 9:30 – 4pm



PARYPRUS is the national UK charity dedicated to the prevention of young suicide. Call 0800 068 4141 9am to 12am (midnight) every day of the year Text 07786 209697.
Call for free 08088025544 Mon – Fri 9:30 – 4pm



Confidential chat and support from the Taunton School Nurse Team. 

Students (11-19 years) can text 07480 635 516 

Parents (with a child 5-19 years) can text 07480 635 515

Child Line


Advice, support & resources. Call 0800 1111 – the number won’t show on your phone bill. Childline is a private and confidential service for children and young people.

sun cloud

Coping with Self Harm – guide for parents and carers


Somerset Big Tent

Somerset Big Tent is a partnership of Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise organisations that provide a range of services including positive activities, therapeutic services and specialist support to increase positive wellbeing and improve mental health within children and young people aged 5-25 in Somerset.

Winston’s Wish

Winston’s Wish

Advice, Support and resources to support bereavement.

For further Health & Wellbeing tips, advice & information including support for parents and carers go to the Public Health website.